What Tools Do You Need For A Move?
There is a lot to think about during relocation. Whether you are moving across town or enduring a long distance move, you need to consider packing, deciding whether or not to use movers, hooking up your new utilities, and so much more. One thing you may not have even thought about is the kind of tools you may need for the move if you are doing everything yourself.
So, what tools do you actually need for a move? Check out this list of tools essential for any move. Having these ahead of time will save you a lot of trouble and headache later on.
- Furniture dolly. It is a great idea to have a furniture dolly for the big pieces. You can use this for stacking boxes for easier transport as well as your tables, chairs, and sofas. This is a great solution for moving large or awkward items like TV sets.
- Moving blankets. Moving blanket and pads are ideal for protecting your belongings during the move. Wrap your furniture in the blankets and pads to avoid scratches and damage from other items bumping into them during the relocation.
- Packing Tape and scissors. You don’t want to find yourself without scissors and tape during a move. The tape can be used to secure boxes, moving blankets, loose appliance doors, and so on.
- Ropes and moving straps. Sometimes, moving straps and ropes are the last thing movers think about. These can be great for moving heavier pieces such as television sets, couches, or anything else with a large, awkward shape. Straps can be a lifesaver when trying to secure larger pieces to the dolly.
– Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now