What Should You Do When You Get PCS Orders?
Have you received your PCS (Permanent Change of Station) orders? Do you know what to do first when it comes to this upcoming relocation? We know that sometimes military families get their PCS orders quite suddenly and the whole move can feel like a whirlwind.
Here are some tips to help you and your family prepare for your upcoming relocation. These tips will help you get organized and ready for that PCS move that’s coming up!
- Schedule a meeting with your base transportation office. Who you need to meet with will depend on your branch, but this is necessary. Make an appointment as quickly as possible and find out all the moving options available to you.
- Get in touch with the family center at your new location. This will help you figure out more details having to do with your move. Find out what the new community has to offer for your family and get them used to the idea.
- Notify the housing office of your upcoming move. This only applies if you are currently living in government quarters. You’ll also need to figure out all the rules for cleaning up before you relocate.
- Contact your finance office. Moving will cost money, even if the government will pay for most of it. Your finance officer can help you understand your options, costs, and how to go about saving a little money.
- Make a moving checklist. No relocation is successful without a lot of planning and organization. Make a moving checklist so that you don’t miss a beat!
-myMovingNewsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now