Saving Money When Renting a Truck
Don’t worry – renting a moving truck isn’t as complicated as you might think. In fact, it might actually be less complicated than hiring a moving company in some cases! However, you will still need to know some of the basics in order to save money when renting a moving truck – things like the size, whether or not you need insurance, and other equipment you might need during the relocation.
So, whether you are moving across town or to another state, keep these key points in mind when you start researching different moving truck rental companies.
- How far are you moving? Often, the amount you pay will depend on how far you plan to move. One-way rentals are often more expensive.
- What size truck? Most moving truck rental agencies will provide a size guide, but they are pretty general. Take a look at what you need to move and decide which truck you need.
- When do you plan on moving? Depending on when you plan to move, you may need to schedule the moving truck well in advance. Other times of year, you may only need a couple of weeks.
- Do you need to move any cars with you? If you need to move a car with you, you may need to pay extra in order to either ship it separately or tow it. The same goes for any other large vehicles, like snowmobiles, jet skis and boats.
- Will you need additional insurance? Moving companies often have a certain limit of liability. Depending on how much your stuff is worth, you may want additional coverage.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now