Quick Moving Tips for Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia is one of the fastest growing cities in the southeastern United States. In fact, the city is one of the fastest growing in the country. Because Atlanta is a hub for international corporations and a variety of industries, it seems like there are always people moving to the peachy city.
Sure, Atlanta and its surrounding areas have a lot to offer – the Atlanta Braves, the Coca Cola Company, sweet Georgia peaches, and an amazingly diverse culture – but before you move, you should probably get the lowdown on the little things. Like the traffic situation.
You may have heard that driving in Atlanta can be a real nightmare, so if you’re moving in the Atlanta area you might want to keep some of these tips in mind:
• Try not to travel during rush hour. In Atlanta, morning rush hour is from 6:30 to 10:30. In the afternoons, it’s 3:30 to 7:00 PM.
• Atlanta can get hot, even in the winter months. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Take frequent rest breaks and stay cool!
• Don’t start the move without the essentials – work gloves, snacks, cell phone, and beverages.
• Don’t be surprised if you see a lot of street signs that say “Peachtree.” It’s a very common street name in the area. There are 117 different roads with the word “Peachtree” in their names, so be careful.
• I-285 is always packed with traffic. This highway is known as the Perimeter and it’s a good idea if you can avoid it during the move. Some people refer to the I-285 loop and “The 285 Race Track” because of the speed at which cars move.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now