Questions to Ask Your Mover
So you’re looking for a reputable moving company for your upcoming relocation but you have no idea how to go about selecting a mover. The very first conversation with the movers is an important one – ask them for basic information about the company including their length of time in business, how many employees, and their moving association memberships. But there is more you should know before choosing a moving company, so here are some questions to keep in mind.
- How long has your company been in business? The longer a moving company has been in business, the better your chances of getting good service. Don’t base your decision on this alone.
- Do you have any pricing options and what types of estimates can you offer? If the representative takes the time to answer this question carefully and knowledgeably, you are on the right track.
- What is my delivery schedule? While an exact date for a long distance move may not be possible, it should be realistic. If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do you have a lot of work in the area? A local moving company that has many clients and repeat business in an area is likely doing something right. You should ask about this in addition to getting references. (Remember, the moving company probably won’t give you a bad reference.)
- How do you handle ___? Fill in the blank. If you have antiques, ask about that. If you have large objects, discuss those.
– Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now