Packing Tips When Using Interstate Moving Companies
Do you also go by the name Hercules? Probably not, which means that packing up your home or office for a move can be a trying task. So, you need to know how to pack properly to make your interstate move a success. Remember, hiring a moving company will take some of the stress off your shoulders, but there are some things you need to remember. Here’s what to keep in mind to avoid the time and stress while also saving money.
- Don’t move things you don’t need anymore. So, have a garage sale or donate the stuff you think other people will be able to use. This will significantly lighten your load.
- As soon as you know you are moving and decide to pack the items yourself, get to it! You don’t even have to know which moving company you’re going to use or the exact date. Just start packing – it always takes longer than you might think. Change your mind and the professionals can help pack your items as well.
- Pack only one room at a time.
- Pack non-essential and out-of-season items first.
- Don’t forget to label each box clearly.
- Set some suitcases aside so that you have some clothing and essentials at your fingertips as you pack up your entire house.
- Put all of your personal files in a safe place and make sure you know where they are during the move.
- Make an inventory of each box so that you can make sure everything moves with you.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now