Packing Tips and Tricks
Whether you are moving your home or getting ready for an office move, you need to know how to properly pack the contents of your space. If you don’t, chances are you will be one unhappy camper when it comes time to move the boxes. Properly packing boxes can make the whole relocation much easier – you will be able to transport your belongings more easily. So, follow these packing tips and tricks to make it through the move with your sanity intact.
- Pack one room at a time. Don’t mix different rooms in the same box.
- If you are packing books, use smaller boxes for that. Boxes full of books get heavy quite quickly.
- A good rule of thumb is, “the heavier the item, the smaller the box.”
- Pack things you won’t need right away well ahead of time.
- Don’t use duct tape.
- Use new boxes. Old boxes may break under the weight of your possessions.
- Boxes from the supermarket may house pests, so don’t use them!
- Don’t use newspaper to wrap glassware or dishes.
- Stack dishes upward when packing.
- Invest in the move and buy the special boxes for china and glasses.
- Pack and unpack breakables over a soft, padded surface.
- Use wardrobe boxes for packing clothing and closets. Put the clothing from your dresser drawers in suitcases.
Always remember to clearly label your boxes so that unpacking the moving truck is an organized event. You may also want to make an inventory list of how many boxes you have and what is inside them. If you choose a full-service moving company, each of these services can be done for you.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now