Moving with your cat
If you have a cat, you are probably already aware that they do not really adjust well to sudden change; however, if you are getting ready to move, there is no way you are going to leave your cat behind, are you?
Here are five things you should always keep in mind when getting ready to move. Remember, the more prepared you are, the more smoothly the move will go for both you and your cat.
- Get the right cat carrier. A critical component of your move is going to be your cat’s carrier. If you do not have one, you really need to get one right away. It should make your cat feel safe and comfortable. Your cat should be able to stand up and lay down inside.
- Plenty of water and food. Do not let Kitty get dehydrated! If you do not have enough water available for your cat, you may need to see an emergency vet. During stressful times, cats may need more food and water than usual.
- Do not forget the treats. Whatever your cat’s favorite treats are, keep them handy. This can definitely make things more bearable.
- Bring a blanket. Moving is stressful for everyone, especially the cat. Put a blanket with your smell on it into the carrier so that Kitty can snuggle up while feeling safe and warm.
- Make sure the litter box is with you. One of the most essential components of your cat’s daily life is the litter box. Do not forget this!
myMovingNewsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now