Moving Supplies You Need
Often, families hire movers but do much of their own packing before the moving company arrives. This means that you’ll be responsible for packing your own boxes before moving day. So, what kinds of supplies do you need to make the move successful? Here’s a list of things many people forget when planning a move:
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap
- Gummed packing tape (about 2 inches wide)
- Markers and labels
- Scissors or a box cutter
- Icy Hot
In addition to the packing supplies that will make the entire relocation process easier on you, there are some things you should also keep in mind. Follow these general guidelines to make the entire move a little easier to deal with:
- Get all of your packing materials together before you start.
- Pack up one room at a time. Save the kitchen and the bedrooms for last.
- Before you pack a box, line it with packing paper for added protection. This is especially helpful when you are packing breakable objects.
- When you do pack, place the heavier items on the bottom of the box and lighter object on top.
- Remember, the heavier the item, the smaller the box.
A good rule of thumb is to use crumpled packing paper to fill the extra space within a box, no matter what you are packing. And don’t forget to label your boxes – it will make moving day a lot less stressful especially when you reach your new home. To see how a professional does it, click here.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now