How to Pack a Computer
As a business owner, you know that a broken computer is one problem you just don’t have time to deal with. So, if you are moving your office, you need to make sure that you know how to pack a computer properly. Follow these simple steps to make sure that your computer equipment is relocated safely.
- Before you even start packing, you should back up all the files on your computers to an external hard drive or DVD.
- Talk to your moving company about insurance rates for your office equipment’s protection.
- Pack the computer in the original packaging, if possible. If not, use heavy-duty boxes from a packing company. Pack monitors and computer towers in their own boxes with plenty of bubble wrap or packing peanuts.
- Never pack a computer with discs inside. Before placing the computer in the box, make sure that you disconnect any peripherals and power cords. It is a good idea to label each cord.
- Pack cords and peripherals in separate boxes. Keep everything clearly labeled and close together.
- Your computer should always be packed tightly. The computer should never be able to move around within the packing box.
- Seal all boxes with packing tape so that nothing pops open during the relocation.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now