How to Get Rid of Your Old Stuff
As someone who is getting ready to relocate you already know that moving is a lot harder than just hiring a moving company and getting to your new house. There is huge amount of organizing and packing to be done. You may even need to check out storage solutions if your new home isn’t ready by your move-out date. Before moving day, you often must sort through your belongings and decide what stays with you and what gets thrown out.
Just take a look around your home. How many things have you had for years but never use? So, what do you do with all this extraneous stuff? Getting rid of what you don’t need will actually help make your relocation efforts a lot easier.
We’ve put together a list to help you figure out what to do with your old stuff before you move. Take a look and see if you can lighten your moving load:
- Do an online search for drop-off sites and recycling centers for old fire extinguishers, household cleaners, mercury thermometers, and compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Check with the local home furnishing stores or mattress outlets to see if they can take your old mattresses for recycling.
- Give away any clothes you haven’t worn in more than a year.
- For all of your miscellaneous junk – think about selling it at a garage sale, online, or donating it. Don’t just throw it away!
– Jon HuserBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now