Getting Ready to Move to College?
Getting ready for college can be a lot of fun, but it’s also plenty of work. As Labor Day approaches, more and more college students are getting ready to move out of Mom and Dad’s and onto a college campus.
Check out our tips and tricks for making your move to college as hassle-free as possible. And remember, these can be used for your first relocation to campus or if you are a returning student!
What to Do First
- Get a moving truck or hire the movers. Moving into the dorms is usually a little easier when you have help.
- Get all your packing supplies ahead of time. We mean the boxes, tape, labels, bubble wrap, and packing paper.
- Split the cost with your dorm roommate. (This only works if you are moving back into the dorms, live by your roommate, and know who they are!)
Packing Everything Up
- Always check with your college to see what you can and cannot bring with you.
- When you take your television, stereo equipment, and computers remember to transport them in original packaging. If that’s not available, use a lot of bubble wrap and sturdy boxes.
- Reinforce the bottoms of all your boxes with extra tape.
Loading the Truck
- If you can, pick up the truck the day before you move to save time.
- Don’t forget to use the pull-out ramp, if available, to make moving a little easier.
- Load up the heaviest items first.
- Bend with your knees and not your back when lifting anything.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now