Getting Organized for Storage and Moving
Sometimes, it is necessary to combine moving and storage. While this is a common feat, it can definitely add another level of confusion to your relocation. Why? Well, think about it. Not only do you have to pack up your home and make moving arrangements, but you also have to go through your belongings that will be going into storage. In an effort to help you get as organized as possible for combining moving and storage, we’ve put together a list of tips.
1. Start preparing early. Don’t put off packing. The longer you wait, the more stressful and disorganized it will be.
2. Make a checklist and follow it. Writing everything down really does help keep you on track. It is a good idea to make two separate checklists – one for storage and one for moving.
3. Reduce. As you prepare to move, go ahead and dispose of the things you no longer need. It isn’t a good idea to put everything you don’t want to think about right now into storage – think about it now and deal with it. You’ll thank us later.
4. Make labels. You really do need to label everything – whether you are packing it up for moving or storage. This way, loading and unloading the moving truck will be a lot easier. (Not to mention putting the right boxes in the right rooms)
5. Keep everything separate. Though you may be packing things at the same time, keep items for storage separate from the items you will be moving. This way, you won’t put something into storage that you will need in your new home.
Jon HuserBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now