Deciding on How to Move
Deciding between a moving company and a DIY move can be a tough decision. But, it is a decision that you need to make well in advance. The choice is yours and the answer will depend on what your specific needs are when you move.
In order to make the best decision on hiring a moving company or doing it yourself, you need to ask
yourself a couple of questions. First of all, how far are you moving? What’s your budget? Do you have a lot of hard-to-move items? Are you prepared for the hard work associated with a move?
As you consider your relocation, write down the answers to these questions to help you determine whether you can actually handle a DIY move or not:
- How long will it take you to pack up your house?
- Do you have any additional help to move?
- Are there a lot of fragile items or antiques that need special care?
- Do you have the proper equipment to move your stuff?
- Can you move your household items safely and efficiently on your own?
- Have you considered the hidden costs associated with relocation?
Regardless of whether you decide to move on your own or with the assistance of a moving company, just remember to keep your receipts. This way, if you are able to claim your move on your tax return, you are prepared with the records.
Jon HuserBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now