Books for Kids About to Relocate
Relocation, in any situation, can be emotional, physically challenging and stressful. When you are about to move with the kids, it can be downright terrifying. What if the kids don’t adjust well? How do you get them excited about moving?
In a word, books. Books can help your kids get excited about the idea of moving and can even encourage them to get involved. Here are some of the best books for kids that are about to move. The books listed below are great for all moving situations. Additionally, the books are listed according to whom they appeal to – from the youngest child to the oldest.
- We’re Moving! Written by Heather Maisner and Kristina Stephenson
- The Berenstain Bears’ Moving Day Written by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
- I’m Not Moving, Mama Written by Nancy White Carlstrom and Thor Wickstrom
- Who Will Be My Friends? Written by Syd Hoff
- Alexander, Who’s Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move Written by Judith Viorst, Ray Cruz, and Robin Preiss Glasser
- Let’s Move Together Written by Carol M. Schubeck
- A New House: Activity book for 4 – 10 year olds Written by Jill Wenzel
- The Moving Book: A Kids’ Survival Guide Written by Gabriel Davis
- Footsteps around the World: Relocation Tips for Teens, 2nd edition Written by Beverly D. Roman, Dalene R Bickel (Editor)
Of course, this is not a comprehensive list of all the books to do with moving for the kids. Simply do a quick search online or even check out your local bookstore to find some books your kids might respond to.
Jon HuserBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now