Top 10 Movies About Moving
While you never want your move to be as dramatic as a movie, it is certainly fun to watch. Many movies about moving are funny, relatable, and nostalgic. They make us laugh, cry, and say, “I remember when that happened to me.” While you are packing, throw a few of these classic movies on and enjoy. If you haven’t already, give Bekins Moving Solutions a call. We can help make your moving experience stress-free. Ready, set, action!
- Odd Couple (1968)– This unforgettable classic film features Walter Mathau and Jack Lemmon. The movie centers on Felix who breaks up with his wife and moves in with his buddy Oscar. This move quickly turns out to be imperfectly perfect as opposite personalities end up being a great match.
- Karate Kid (1984)– Who doesn’t love this movie? Staring Ralph Macchio as Daniel, this movie is about a hard-edged New Jersey kid that relocates to California. After his move he has a hard time making friends. However, he does end up befriending Mr. Miyagi who teaches him the secret and ancient art of Karate.
- Toy Story (1995) – A great choice for the whole family, Toy Story is about a boy named Andy moving to a new house. Unbeknownst to Andy, his toys come alive when he isn’t around. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen as Woody and Buzz Lightyear make this fun family moving film to infinity and beyond entertaining.
- Money Pit (1986)– If you have ever bought a fixer-upper, this movie is for you. Starring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long, this movie is about more than a money pit house. It shows the ups and downs that relocation can bring into a marriage – money, emotions, and stress.
- Cheaper By The Dozen (2003)– Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt start in this movie about a huge family from a small town moving to a big city. A move is hard, but can you imagine if you had 12 kids? This movie may make your relocation feel a bit less stressful comparatively!
- The Lost Boys (1987)– A single mother moves to a new community to try and make ends meet. Unfortunately, the new neighborhood is filled with vampires! This story about two brothers may make you research your neighbors a bit better before moving in.
- Footloose (1984)– This fun dance movie is about a city boy moving to a small town where rock music and dancing is forbidden. This movie is a great choice if you are feeling a bit of a culture shock moving to your new home.
- Funny Farm (1984)–Chevy Chase quits his job, moves to the country, and tries to write a book. Problems arise as rural issues continue to keep him from getting anything down on paper. One take away from this movie is to get a reliable mover from the start!
- Twilight (2008)– One of the most popular tween romance novels comes to life on the big screen. A young girl (Bella) moves to Washington, meets a vampire, and falls in love. And you thought your daughter’s new beau was a troublemaker!
- Moving (1988) – Last but not least, this movie features Richard Pryor as a mass transit worker from New Jersey that gets fired and is forced to relocate to Idaho. He hires unreliable and untrustworthy movers, loses his new job, and everything continues to go downhill. If you think that your move is going wrong, check out this film!
If you are looking for moving assistance that is drama-free, contact Bekins Moving Solutions today! Call 877-594-1187 today for your free moving estimate.Back to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now