Tips and Tricks for Loading the Moving Truck
OK, so you’re all packed up and your moving truck is about to arrive. What’s next? Loading up the truck, of course!
Planning how to load the moving truck is actually one of the most important things you can do, especially if you are doing it yourself. This way, you’ll make the most of both your time and the space inside the truck.
As you plan for moving day, keep these tips and tricks in mind:
- Move the heaviest and largest things first. That means loading up your appliances (if you’re moving them) as well as any really large pieces of furniture. Load them into the truck first and place them against the back wall – always keep them in the upright position.
- Balance your moving truck by positioning the heaviest objects on opposing sides of the truck. This will make it less likely to tip over on the drive to your new home.
- Furniture padding is a great way to protect wooden surfaces and corners.
- After the really large and heavy stuff, it’s time to load longer items such as mirrors, dressers, headboards, sofas, tabletops, and mattresses. It’s a good idea to place these items along the longest walls of the truck.
- If you can, disassemble any tables, bed frames, and other furniture before loading the moving truck. Just tape the pieces together. If you have carpets or rugs, roll these items up inside.
- After the furniture, move onto the heaviest and largest boxes. Always place boxes in the voids between furniture and keep the heavy stuff on the floor or on top of appliances.
- Lighter and smaller boxes go in next, and on top of the larger, heavier things. Always load your fragile items in last!
Request a FREE Quote Now