8 Mistakes to Avoid When Moving
So, you’ve picked a moving company and have set the date for your move. But did you know that there are some common mistakes that people make when getting ready to relocate? Don’t fall into this category and avoid these eight basic moving mistakes.
- Moving without a Plan. Always have a plan. The more organized you are, the better. With a coordinated move you won’t have any surprises.
- Moving without a budget. It is easy to lose track of the little expenses that many people don’t associate with relocation. Such costs might include insurance, temporary housing, auto transport, eating out, and fuel.
- Panicked Packing. All too often, people don’t know how to properly pack their possessions. Have a simple plan and pack one room at a time.
- Not Telling Anyone Your Moving Plan. Changes happen; that is a part of life. The problem is when you don’t tell anyone about your moving plan. Always keep your moving company on the same page.
- Not Reading the Fine Print. Moving comes with paperwork – and lots of it. Don’t get buried in the paperwork and don’t forget to read the fine print. Always be ready for what’s coming and that includes the terms and conditions of your movers.
- Misunderstanding Your Protection Options. There is a chance that things could go wrong during the move, so are you protected? Think about getting moving insurance or extended protection from your moving company.
- Not Planning for Child or Pet Care. The pets and children can get underfoot during a move, so have you thought about a sitter?
- Not Planning Ahead. Change your address, switch your utilities, and transfer your medical records before you move.
– Jon HuserBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now